Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Trusting My Abilities - Day 71

Relevant Self Forgiveness for the day:

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that I am not capable of making a logo as a signature for my art and that I have sought out another to accomplish this task for me.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted or allowed myself to believe in and trust my own artistic abilities and that I have believed that I am not capable of coming up with a design that is functional and aesthetically pleasing, even though I had already established an idea of basically how I wanted it to look in my head.

So I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to basically come up with the solution to this problem but to still not recognize it as a viable solution and still to place the "real" solution outside myself into the hands of someone that I have deemed as more capable.



I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that I am not capable of putting air in my car tires and that I have believed that I need another to help me: my brother, a friend, or even a stranger.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted or allowed myself to believe in and trust my own practical abilities of maintenance of the technology I use in my daily life.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to basically think "I don't know how" and then to not try to learn how but instead look for someone else to help me.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to think/worry that I would do it wrong or that it was too difficult or confusing to figure out.

I forgive myself that I did not accept or allow myself to look at the task practically as what actual steps are necessary to take in order to see that it is in fact a very simple straightforward task of which I am very capable.



When and as I see myself participating within and as the belief that I am not capable and that I need someone else to do something for me, I stop and I breathe. I realize that this is my reaction within fear of trying something new and fear of failure. I realize that within this I am not allowing myself to "believe in myself" and am not allowing myself to trust myself as my ability to learn something new, try something new, or accomplish something in practical support of myself. I realize that in both of these incidents today I was able to accomplish the task with relative independence with only the assistance of explanation or second opinion. I commit myself to assessing the task to see what the actual steps are that must be taken in order to accomplish the task and then to set forth in taking those steps one by one with whatever preliminary preparation seems appropriate. I commit myself to at least trying, and to not giving up on trying again. I commit myself to releasing myself from these negative beliefs about my abilities in order to free myself to try in self-honesty within and as the physical as what I am actually capable of doing and setting myself to do.

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis