After last night's post I almost copied and pasted it into my DIP Lite assignment, as I have been recently, and then realized: no, that's lazy and careless. I have an opportunity within DIP Lite to utilize buddy support and take advantage of a format that is more private and thus devoid of temptation to concern myself with page views, +1s, or writing any words that are more concerned with being pretty than with being absolute self honest truth. Fertile ground for digging deep into anything I might otherwise prefer to hide from others or myself. Kudos to all of you for being so open and honest. So I am re-prioritizing DIP Lite as my primary vehicle for walking my process for now, although I do want to continue writing here as well.
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to try to fast forward into a well-established consistent blogging presence.
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to place my blog as my top priority due to a self-imposed requirement that I write here every day so as to seem like all the other JTLers.
Within my self-imposed requirement to write here every day, I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to combine this blog with my DIP Lite writing as a way of "killing two birds with one stone," effectively minimizing the productivity of my writing within DIP Lite.
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to get so caught up in and care about page views and +1s such that even if I realize and discover a lot about myself in a post, the progress I make there is discounted by the disappointment I feel when I see I have 1-2 page views.
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to sometimes get carried away with a certain style of writing that takes me away from communicating what is honest and into communicating what sounds good. Writing something pretty gives me a positive energetic charge which takes me into my mind and out of my breath, which can quickly spiral away from self-honesty and into ego and personality.
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to make the flow and sound of my words just as important as or more important than the content itself.
Monday, April 22, 2013
Priorities in My Process - Day 7
Labels:
about DIP Lite
,
ambivalence
,
priorities
,
self forgiveness
,
self-honesty
,
work
,
work-ethic
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
No comments :
Post a Comment